Monday, November 10, 2008

November 10, 2008

This past week started off great being able to see some gators which I will definitely have to get send some pictures around. This week we planned out well and went to visit all of our new potential investigators. As we went over some of them weren't home but the great thing was that other members of their families were they are we shared the message with them. Through all of this we have been able to have whole families be investigators and wanting to learn of the truths that they can add to what they already know. We had a real close friend this week get baptized in the Theodore ward. His name is Hanalae and he is in the coast guard from Hawaii. I met him within a couple weeks of being out and I have been able to see first hand of the faith and the growth that he has been able to have through the gospel of Jesus Christ. His baptism was this past Saturday and the spirit was there so strongly. He bore his testimony to us after he was baptized and I can say that it is one of the strongest that I have heard from a new member. On Sunday I ended up teaching the 12-18 year old class and let me tell you it was a struggle. I can only imagine what my teachers had to go through. I am glad though for the opportunity because by the end of it I was able to bring out the scripture in Helaman 5:12. This is a scripture that we should all apply into our lives continually and I will leave it up to all of you to read it for yourselves. After we had a lesson with a Myya she is 9, by the end of it we asked her if she would get baptized and she said yes. I was filled with so much joy and happiness. It is going to be this coming Sunday and I will definitely get some pictures sent. We have been talking to her for about 2 months little by little at church since we only have so many miles and citronelle is quite far away. I am so glad to see the child like faith that she possesses and it how much I have grown from her. I am so happy be able to proclaim this gospel to so many. I know that if we apply the gospel of Jesus Christ in our lives we will all continue to grow. I have been able to see first hand through my studies and apply the passages that I have read that I have been blessed with the spirit. As we all continue to be obedient and make it our objective, God will endow us with his power. With using the power of the Atonement in our lives and earnestly to desire to make those changes in our hearts through prayer those desires become one with us.
I love all of You
Thank you for all the support
Elder Regan Hansen

No comments: