Monday, November 17, 2008

November 17, 2008

This week has been pretty well. We had a Zone Conference and the spirit was there very strongly. We in the mission right now have been focusing alot of prayer. We have been using Elder Bednar's last 2 conference talks on prayer and applying them into our daily life's and prayers. I have been able to see so much increase in my work through the application of those 2 talks. I know that through prayer we can make those changes in our lives that will bring us closer to our Saviour and enhance the relationship that we have with him. I have been able to see the changes through prayer that have brought me more spiritual enlightened studies in the morning and also throughout the day. I would encourage all of you to take a look at Elder Bednar's talks and see how the spirit directs you. We had our work cut out for us this past week with teaching Myya before she gets baptized. We decided to change the date of her baptism to this coming Sunday. I can't wait to see that smile on her face after she gets baptized. I love going to baptisms because the spirit is there so strongly and brings that righteousness even closer to us. Yesterday at Church I was able to hear a powerful talk given by the Stake Patriarch. The power that he had in his talk about blessings and the importance that fathers have in their role of having the priesthood was powerful. He said that when we get blessings for our fathers we should write down those things that we remember because those are the things we need to hold onto the most. He read a talk that came from a prayer meeting out of the Temple in Washington. It talks about a young man who had some problems and his faith of wanting to receive a patriarchal and those things that were bestowed upon him. I will send that letter to my dad and have him put it on the blog so everyone can see it. Those blessing that we receive from our fathers are powerful and can bring much guidance into our lives. I will get some more pictures sent in the next couple weeks so everyone can see them before the holidays.
Love all of You
Elder Regan Hansen

No comments: