Monday, September 8, 2008

Semmes, Alabama (First Area)

I am right now in my first transfer with Elder Ramussen in Semmes, Alabama. The worst thing down here right now are the love bugs. There is just so many of them. As I have been down here we have received some referrals and have 2 new investigators. It was so exciting to see their appearance as we talk to them. We taught the Restoration the 2nd day I got here. After we taught it and Jessica said that everything sounded right and said she would pray about what we taught her was true I got so excited I could not help it. The next day we went to a funeral and just out of no where we were asked to talk at the second one. My companion gave such a spirit felt message about the plan of salvation the we ended up get 2 more investigators. 4 total for the 4 days that I had been here is amazing to me. We already have 3 baptismal dates set up. 2 of them are still working on their smoking addiction and the other we are working on getting to come to church because work in conflicting with the times. This coming week we could get 3 more baptismal dates set which would be great. We are going to try and get 4 new investigators this coming week too. I have not yet gotten a taste of the good southern food but I am thinking Wednesday that I will get that opportunity. We are getting ready this next week for hurricane Ike. We have heard that it is heading our way and should be here by the end of the week.
Love all of You
Elder Regan Hansen

No comments: