Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Regan January 20, 2008

Well this week has been a very good settling and we have built a firm foundation to grow from. We have had much success this week in finding, teaching, and to see how well everyone will keep there commitments. We had the opportunity to see that many of our investigators are progressing well and they are continuing to come unto Christ.

This past week we had the opportunity for another Zone Conference but this time I am now in a smaller Zone and I really enjoy it better. I have been able to apply my studies into my teachings there and I have seen the power that is continuing to grow in me. I talked to the mission president in my interview and he has expressed at how now I have taken charge and have really focused on many new aspects to strengthen my knowledge in the gospel, so I can teach with more power.

He asked us to study and mark the "IF" and "THEN" promises in the Book Of Mormon. It is amazing the promises in just a few chapter will enable us to change our lives for the better. With this great and new understanding that I have received from my 30 or more minutes of just study in the Book Of Mormon I have been able to begin my day on such a high spiritual charge that I can show everyone the blessings that come from following the Gospel.

I know that the Book Of Mormon truly allows us to have a new sense in the way that we truly ponder and contemplate on the message that it contains within. The Truths in it and also the way it guides us through each and everyday is amazing. The messages that comes from within its pages allows us all to teach with power and authority.

This past Sunday we had Stake Conference and Elder Costa of the presidency of the 70 came out and talked. I would like to mention the one thing that stood out to me the most. He said, "We should not receive blessing because the mercy that God has, but because we are WORTHY of those blessings." It has allowed me to ponder on this thought and brought me to a new appreciation of the Understanding of Blessing.

I know that If we all take in the message that is within his quote that we can all receive those blessings because we are worthy and it allows us to have a better self satisfaction in what we do.

Love You

Elder Regan Hansen

No comments: