Monday, March 16, 2009

Regan March 16, 2009

So I was able to see the pictures that Uncle Steve posted from Tyler. I am glad to see the happiness and Joy he is having just like I am in serving the Lord in such a great calling.
This past week has had it's ups and downs but we were still able to accomplish all the things that we desired . We also had Zone Conference this past week and it just continues to inspire us more and more.

We watched a Movie that is on a church DVD called "Ensign to the Nation". It showed those people who had done so much Contribution for the church not only on the continent but for others. One that really stuck out to me was a Brother from Nigeria if I remember right. He had contacted the church after stumbling across a pamphlet in his home. He received a Book of Mormon but they told him that there were no missionaries in the Continent of Africa.
He taught many of his friends and Families of the is new found truth that he had the opportunity to envelop himself in. He was patient and went through almost 15 years of Long-suffering before the first missionaries. After his pleading prayers and dedicated service to the Lord he was able to be further blessed by the Gospel and receive the ordinances that he desired so much to have.

I have personally applied in my life to have much supplication with the Lord through prayer. I have begun more recently to always rely on the Spirit in my prayers. I have noticed that those blessing's that the Lord desires to bless me with have come more abundantly because of my willingness to rely on the spirit as I Pray.

I spent a bit of time this week on my knees with the lord pleading for direction on how we should help our Investigators achieve their full potential while learning the gospel. With every opportunity I had to supplicate I received such strong feelings of peace and guidance to better myself as a missionary with my own commitments and also those with our Investigators.

I know that the Power Of Prayer with the Guidance of the Holy Ghost can open many new doors for personal revelation and blessings that will continually grant us with peace, joy, goodness, and other fruits of the spirit that enable us to be guided.

Thanks for the support and the great emails.

Love You

Elder Regan Hansen

No comments: